"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Felices Pascuas!

Hola!
Hope all is well with all of you dedicated followers (= Life here is pretty swell!

A couple of weeks ago I took a trip with my program to Rosario, the third biggest city in Argentina, about 4 hours away. The city is known for the monument to the Argentine flag... very cool memorial! It reminded me of Washington, D.C. The next day we were there, we just chilled on the "beach" next to the river... but for a river it wasn't too shabby (=

This last week I didn't have school on Thursday and Friday because of the Easter holiday, so that was a nice break. I spent one day downtown taking pictures of different buildings for an art project, but it was just a good excuse to see more of the city. Saturday I went with Devon and Francisco (Alicia and Jose's son who has been visiting this month) and a bunch of other girls to a professional futbol game! As we were walking there, it reminded me a lot of the Razorback football games, but it was quite different once the game started... the fans definitely have more spirit there. It was really fun, though, and I think I may just have to go back!

Sunday, I went back to the church that I found a few weeks ago (I've got to their young adult group 3 times now and already feel like I'm part of the group!) They had a free breakfast, so I took Francisco with me, and we just visited with people. We had church afterwards, and Francisco ended up staying, which he wasn't planning on doing before. Then we came back home and had a huge lunch! Jose and Alicia had a bunch of family over, we were about 20. We had wonderful pasta and beef and way too much dessert. Alicia's mom's cousin was there; she's 99 years old! I talked with her just a bit, and she was so funny and sweet!

I have to run to class now, but next time I will try to write more! Have a great week! I love you all!
Rosario

Rosario- from the beach

Congreso Nacional- Buenos Aires
-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment