"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mar del Tuyu

Let me just tell you how good God is:
Just spent a week in Mar del Tuyu, a beach about 4 hours from here. I wanted to travel with some friends for our "spring break" but had no money. Not knowing this, Alicia invited me to accompany her and Jose to their house on the beach. So exciting... much cheaper than if I were to do anything else! Obviously, took them up on the offer. On our way their we stopped at a gas station and were filling up on coffee and treats. I pulled out my wallet  to pay for my stuff and Alicia then explained to me that because they invited me to go with them, that I didn't have to worry about paying for anything the whole week! So, not only did I get a cheap vacation, but I got a FREE one! So, so nice! With that said, the only beach I've spent any real time at is Destin, and this beach was completely different than anything I've experienced!
     -dark sand
     -murky water (the ocean water mixed with water from the river)
     -lots of butts
     -instead of paddleball, they play a game that's pretty much tennis just without a net- they just play on the hard sand
     -se habla espanol
     -men pushing carts trying to sell delicious fattening food
     -time by myself (definitely a different beach experience)
     -real waves
Despite all of these differences (some good, some bad)- I had a GREAT time and fell in love with a different kind of beach! Most of my days consisted of going for a run on the beach, swimming/ riding waves, reading, soaking up some sun, lots of thinking and praying, long walks, and lots of picture taking (I took 200 pics)... Alicia and Jose have a bunch of friends there (all of them Italian-Argentines), so many nights we would go to their houses and eat wonderful legit Italian food! ahhh! soo good! For all you wine lovers- one Italian man made his own wine... it was pretty yummy.
But it was just so nice to get out of the big city for a while and just breathe!
Mar del Tuyu

The old men liked to play this game "Tejos"... can you tell they are Italian??


My friend for the week

Alicia and I had lots of good times together!

I got to watch a sunrise- AMAZING!

Now I'm back to the somewhat real world. Started my new classes Monday... I think they should be pretty good. We shall see...most of my classes are with other International students, and they are all taught in Spanish...I'm in Argentine Literature, Latinamerican culture, Latinamerican History, International Relations (with Argentine students), and I want to take Tango- but it's currently full... so I may have to pick another class. But yep, for the next 15 weeks- those classes are my life- woohoo =)

off to bed now.
Buenos Noches!

besos

No comments:

Post a Comment