"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Month #1

Today marks my being in Buenos Aires for one month... on one hand it seems like SO much time has passed, and on the other it seems like I just got here yesterday. I'm sure it will just continue to go by fast, which isn't necessarily a good thing, but that's just how life is. I've heard that once I get completely settled in and feel like I know "what's up" I will have to go home... hopefully, I will get settled in faster than that! I feel like that process is already well on its way.

The view from the top floor at the University

I took my finished my 4-week Spanish course and took my final exams.. got an A overall- woohoo! I think I'm going to miss that class. It turned out to be a lot of fun! I met up with my advisor and got all signed up for my other classes. I'm pretty excited to start those, although that means more studying time. I'm going to have to dig really deep and find my time management skills!

I did officially join the running club: I filled out a sheet of paper and am gong to start paying 20 pesos/month (~U$5) woohoo! We run in a beautiful park, and I always wish I had my camera with me because there are some beautiful scenes in the park. One that I've seen a few times is the sky as the sun is setting against the city skyline, and through the the palm trees I can see an orange glow. ahhh soo pretty!

Last night I went out with my friend Annika again. We went to a Parrilla- kinda like a steakhouse in the States- you can order a parrilla and they bring you a skillet-like dish filled with all sorts of meat. It was very delicious... the meat that we did try, some of it was just too peculiar for me. I must say that I did try a couple of things that I had no idea what they were, but the thing that looked like intestines I decided to stay away from...


My backyard and Jose... I love to sit on the terrace and read or study or just relax... I don't know if you can tell, but in addition to the beautiful flowers, there is an avocado, lemon, and olive tree

Now... I have a week off of class and I'm headed to the beach!! If you care to look it up, we're going to Mar del Tuyu, where Alicia and Jose have a beach house. It's just going to be the parents, the cat, and I... and lots of books =) It will be quite strange being on the beach without my 20 brothers to play paddleball with, but  I think it will still be quite lovely!

Hope you all have a great week! I love you all!
-Jessi


No comments:

Post a Comment