"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tango in the Park

Man, I tell you... life here just gets better with time =)

Friday I had orientation at la Universidad de Belgrano... I feel like such a nerd, but I am really excited to start my classes! They have an interesting way of enrolling in classes here, so it'll be fun to experience a new way of going through this process. I have three more days of real class, then thursday and friday we have a written and then an oral exam. Then break! I'm going to go with my host parents to the beach! SOO excited!

I went to a show with some friends on Friday night... a little bit of hippie music and a little bit of folklorico. It was really fun- we all just danced and hung out. It was fun to be in a place where the Argentines go to hang out.

Saturday I went to practice again with the running club... I think I'm going to be an official member of the group, and maybe train for another race while I'm here... we'll see :) After practice I met up with the friend from Germany, Annika, and we went to this park that's nearby where they have tango every week. We weren't too sure what to expect, so went with the intention of watching. We both ended up dancing with  nice gentlemen, who were patient enough to dance with us/teach us, given that we've each only had one tango lesson.

Today I found a church that a friend from Arkansas (who was here last year) reccommended to me. I got there late, of course, because I thought it started an hour later than it really did... but oh well. The people were so nice and welcoming. But mostly it was just so great to have collective worship once again.

I guess that's about it.. not nothing too crazy, but definitely quite enjoyable =)

Besos, chao chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment