"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Beatles

I have 4 framed Beatles posters in my room. I stuck my own pictures in the corners of the frames (=

Yesterday was real orientation. We had a 2hour meeting with the director of ISA, then some empanadas (fried bread stuffed with whatever you want and oh so yummy!) for lunch, followed by a 4 hour bus tour of the city. That was so fun! We just got a little taste of the whole city, and I can't wait to go back and really explore all of the various places!

My housemate, Devon

Buenos Aires...downtown

some stinkin cute ladies

Last night was the Superbowl, so several of us decided to meet back up after the tour and go to an American owned restaurant to watch the game. We took the Subte (the subway) several stops down and finally found the place, but it was so packed that they wouldn't let anyone else inside. So... after much debate and exploration, 4 of us ended up eating at a Pizzeria and watched a futbol game (= But, I feel like that was more appropriate given that I'm in Argentina, not the States.

Today we had the placement exams. I didn't do great on it because I tested into Intermediate 1 (at Arkansas I'm beyond advanced) but it's alright... I'll just try it out and see how it is first. Then, if by the end of the the week I feel like I'm back in 9th grade, I can change. After our exams, I ate lunch at a cafe with some girls, then ran some errands, had some meetings, more errands, and eventually back home. I'm getting the hang of things!!  I now know how to take the Subte to the ISA office and also to school. I know how to walk from the school to the office. I know how to walk from the house to the Subte woohoo (: That's my victory of the day.

Tomorrow classes begin. This next month I will be in an intensive Spanish language program and I have class Mon-Fri 10-3... I haven't had a schedule like that since high school; and it will be even worse because I don't switch classes! But thankfully, it's just a month, and I know it will help me because my grammer is terrible! I probably sound FOB to them.

But anyway... that's all I got! I love you and miss you all!

Chao

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that class does seem intense! But it will sooo be worth it! :) Have fun in your classes!! Take pictures of the other people you're living with sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete