"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Saturday, February 5, 2011

HERE!!!!!!!

After a 3 hour car ride through snow, a one hour flight to Atlanta with a 4 hour layover, and then a 10 hour flight across many countries... I finally arrived in Buenos Aires this morning at 9am. The flight was definitely not the most comfortable but I got SOME shut-eye... Met up with ISA (my program), they took us little Americans to the University where we met out host families. I was met by a cute little 60-something year old lady named Alicia. She took me to her lovely home where I eventually met the other 5 residents- Jose (her husband), Devon (my true housemate; she's doing the same thing as me), Katie (a cool bum from CA), Eric and Harrison (dudes that live in the apartment out back; from CA; also students, but different program than I). So that's us... the Pasarello-Luna familia (=

Haven't gotten to do too much exploring yet... we have a real orientation tomorrow.

That's about all that's been going on. I'm wearing shorts because it's not ZERO degrees here! (It was like 86 when I arrived and is currently a wonderful 72)

I can't believe I'm here in Argentina, and I'm staying here! I am so excited to get to know the city and the people and just to experience life as an Argentine...I know God's got some good plans for me while I'm here, and I can't wait to see those play out.

Somewhere in Argentina


My good friend Lauren is in Buenos Aires with me!


The widest "toll" I've ever seen!


outside a balcony in my house

My street

Buenos Noches.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! I AM SOOO EXCITED I GET TO FOLLOW YOU!!! :) :) :) LOOVE YOU!!! YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you!! I plan on reading weekly so
    Keep this fresh ( ; love u!!

    -hana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, this sounds so amazing!! I'm excited you decided to do a blog! :) I can't wait to read about all your experiences! Love this so far! Miss you like crazy. Love my calendar. Eat some good Argentina food for me :)

    Love you,
    Birk

    ReplyDelete