"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 17

(Sorry that I am really bad about updating this, by the way)

 
Another week in Buenos Aires has passed by! This week went by pretty fast... Lots of little things, but mostly continuing to adjust to life here! I hung out with more people this week- yay I'm making friends! =) One day after class I went with a classmate, Vicki, and 5 other people from class to some other part of town (called Bond Street) and got her nose pierced (above)

Tuesday night (I'm doing a bit of rewinding here) we had a birthday party for a girl who had lived here 5 years ago and was here these last couple of weeks for a visit.. It was another great party. We had tables set up in the back yard, wonderful Argentine beef, grilled veggies and potatoes, Germans, Argentines, North Americans (as they refer to us here)... and we all just sat and talked and laughed for a while. So fun! Have I mentioned how much I like the people I live with? (=

 El Asado- like a BBQ
Friday night Alicia and Jose had a couple over for dinner and a couple of us other residents joined the festivities. We ate in the dining room (we normally eat in the kitchen) and it was set up all fancy. We had appetizers, a wonderful entree, and an even more wonderful dessert! It was fun just listening to the two couples tell stories and laugh together.

Saturday night I went with some friends to this free, outdoor Tango concert/show. It was in the middle of Avenido 9 de Julio (the widest in the world) and there was a band with accordians, violins, a couple cellos, bass, and a grand piano. The music was so good, if you are at all into tango music. And then there were 20 professional couples who danced... oh man, they were good! It was a very enjoyable evening. Afterwards went out to eat with the friends in a new part of the city that I am going to have to return to- it's just a little area away from the main strip and it was SO cute! we ate at an Italian restaurant and between the Italian and Spanish we weren't too sure what we were ordering haha But I ended up with raviolios, a share of a salad, and a share of a bottle of wine for about $10 US! pretty good deal!
At the Tango show


Japanese Gardens- explored these on Sunday!


This week has been pretty great so far... not too much going on yet. I had a test in my class on Monday- really just for us to see how we're doing- I did pretty well... at the end of next week we have a written and oral final, which counts for 1/3 of our overall grade... woohoo.
Tomorrow is Brooke Cagle's 21st birthday!!!! The first birthday in about 5 years that I have not celebrated with her, so if you know her or see her give her some love for me!
Hope you guys all have a good week! (I'm not sure who 'youguys' is, but whoever you are, I want you to have a good week!)

Besos,
"Jessi"

No comments:

Post a Comment